There is a very good reason why I only have my 2 boys... they are going to be the death of me. No really, I'm pretty sure therapy is in order??? I'll start with Bailey... usually when the boys get home from school I'll ask how their day was, what did they learn etc. standard ?'s right. Bailey came home and said they had been learning about incubators, I said wow, he asked if I knew what you could grow in an incubator, I said chickens, he looked at me and said no, babies. What?? Babies grow in incubators and sometimes there is holes and you can put your hands in and pet the babies. Is that what you do at work? he asked. I said yes I pet the babies. Next example: we are sitting at the dinner table, Brent asks Bailey what he learned in school? Bailey responds "if you tell a Mexican to jump in a river, he will." WHAT!!! in between choking on our food and trying not to laugh, we both tell him that he can't say that, and have a lesson on political correctness. Very calmly, we ask him where he heard that. He says his teacher, again WHAT!!!
I tell him that I'm pretty sure that Mrs. Bybee didn't say that, but if she did... we are not OK with it. Next day, I go into his class to clarify what the lesson was about. She proceeds to tell me that they were learning about how sometimes language doesn't translate. Such as, if you tell someone who speaks Spanish to go jump in a lake or go fly a kite they will think that you mean it. My suggestion to her, use German for a language example. Later that night, I'm talking to a friend, Bailey is all ears of course. I tell him to go play, he looks at everyone in the group and proceeds to say, "you can talk in front of me, my mom lets me watch R movies all the time" Oh my HELL. He's killing me. Next Post Colton

No comments:
Post a Comment