

We took the boys and Scott my father in law to the gateway to see the remake of the Karate Kid. I'll admit, I had to be shamed a little to go. I had tons of studying to do, and wasn't sure if the movie was really going to be worth it. Well, the verdicts in, and it was a great movie. Jaden Smith is adorable... and did a really good job. Of course the boys love Jackie Chan, but he did a good job also. Scott was beyond thrilled to be going to a movie, his wife hates to go so they don't go often. We picked her up after and went to dinner at Chili's, which is always good. I'm kinda surprised that Brent's sister didn't hi-jack the afternoon...She seems to have a sixth sense about if we are doing anything and she's left out, (especially if we're paying). It really is kind of a creepy talent how she always knows. To her credit, she is a middle child and very jealous of family time that doesn't include her. Despite all of that, we love her anyway. (wink, wink)

I had already seen it :P
ReplyDeletebut, none the less, it was RUDE not to invite me!! It would have been cheaper to take me to dinner and a movie, but now you get my therapy bills instead ;)
I agree, the movie was great!
I am SO sorry... Susie and her friends tried to get us all tickets for opening night and they sold out too fast. Then I had another friend, who was taking her husband, invite Joel and I. If it makes you feel any better, I was completely miserable! I still have not passed the kidney stone on the right side and it HURT SO FREAKING BAD to sit in the movie chair...on the front row (ticket's weren't the best either). Most of the time I was up pacing in the hall by the door, so I could still see, but be able to stand up and pace... It must have been my payback for breaking tradition 8(
ReplyDeleteLets get together to go see it...I'm sure I missed a lot and Ky really wants to see it.
Love you ~~ SORRY!