Monday, May 11, 2009

Rough start to mothers day....

I had to work Friday and Saturday night shift- which means I go to work at 3 pm and work until 3:30 am. Insane I know, so my mothers day started out really early. Brent and the boys had taken the boat out for a while, and then decided to surprise me with getting the yard all trimmed up. Our weed eater has been broke since last season, the lawn was getting shaggy all over. What he was supposed to do. Go to home depot, buy a new weed eater and get his mom a gift card. What he did. Bought a riding lawn mower, the weed eater. No gift card. You can't send them anywhere alone. The yard does look nice. That I will admit. When I got home from work, the boys had bought some beautiful roses, and drew me a card. Very nice. I was sitting in the office winding down from work when Colton came in. He gave me a hug, right there I knew something was wrong. When I asked what, he told me that Bailey had rolled over onto his kitten and smashed him. I wasn't quite sure what the verdict was going to be. But, sadly he was definitely smashed, and not alive. Colton was so sad. I went and got Brent up to help with this. We had a good talk about how it was a freak accident, and the most important thing is that he knew that he was a loved kitty. Still very sad:( So, we found Colton a new kitten, and named her Sugar. Gordo beats the crap out of her, but they are starting to get along. On another note, we really are getting ran over with animals. We let our friends put their ponies into our pasture. They are very cute. Its not called the funny farm for nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Boat?? What boat?? I wanna go out on a boat!

    btw, I hope your having an horrible time in California without me ;)

    ReplyDelete