Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Crazy Nation...

I wish I had answers for all of societies problems. It would make life so much easier. The senseless shooting in Arizona seems to have gotten up the hackles of all. I am pretty much middle of the road on guns, and gun control. I have guns in my home, my boys have been through hunters safety, they have been hunting. Our guns are locked up in a secure gun safe. I guess it is called being a responsible parent. But, then I read statistics like these......

In one year: 31,224 people die from gun violence.. 12,632 people are murdered.. 683 children & teens kill themselves.. 351 are killed by police intervention.. 3,067 children & teens die from gun violence.. 613 people are killed accidentally.. 2,161 children & teens are murdered..17,352 people kill themselves..66,768 survive gun injuries.

In one day: 8 children & teens die from gun violence.. 268 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides, accidents or by police intervention.. 86 people die from gun violence, 35 of them are murdered.

These make me realize that gun control and gun control laws are there for a reason. They are necessary and good. People should have to go through a minimum background check. For hells sake, I had to pass a background check to do my job. There are certain people who have lost their right to bear arms. It is a privilege, just like many things in life are. Whatever the answer is, I don't know it. I guess I'll just do the best I can do for my family, and hope that gun violence never touches my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment